Saturday, August 9, 2014

Pecan Pie Bark - A Delicious Discovery!

 

I really can't stand the texture of pecan pie, but my husband absolutely loves it. It is almost a sin to be a southerner and hate pecan pie (I get cross-eyed looks everytime I say it) :) Anyhoo...Enter the pecan pie bark, a yummy confection that is something between a pie and a cookie and has been approved by my entire family!

Since I don't want to be "that blogger" I want to make sure to give credit to the original blogger and guest blogger -- Great recipe - I found it during one of my Pinterest binges. :) I made some tweaks to the recipe based on previous baker's feedback and then added a few of my own. The original recipe can be found at http://wishesndishes.com/pecan-pie-bark/ and my tweaked version is listed below. Enjoy!

Pecan Pie Bark

Ingredients

1 T butter or margarine for greasing cookie sheet

12 graham cracker rectangles (may need more or less depending on length of cookie sheet

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

2 sticks margarine or butter

1 T corn syrup

1 T water

pinch of salt

1/4 tsp cinnamon

2 cups pecan halves

1 tsp vanilla

InstructionsPreheat oven to 325.

  1. Lightly grease cookie sheet
  2. Place graham crackers as close together as possible without ovrerlapping.You might have to break the last row of crackers to fit.
  3. In a medium/large sauce pot melt both sugars, butter, corn syrup, water, salt and cinnamon over medium heat until boiling.
  4. Let it boil for two minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking/burning.
  5. Add the pecans and boil for one additional minutes.
  6. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
  7. Pour mixture over the graham crackers and spread to evenly distribute.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting or breaking in to pieces.
  10. Store in an airtight container.

Instruction #1-2 Instruction #3 Instruction #4

Instruction #5-6 Instruction #7 Instruction #8-9

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment